updates and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic
covid-19 updates and resources
Good news, we have been able to re-open our office as of May 2020! The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things, and it will also affect the way we deliver care to our patients. Please see below for the new protocols and safeguards that are in place to help keep our patients and team safe and at the recommendation of the ADA (American Dental Association), OSHA, CDA, DORA and the CDC.
our commitment to safety during the covid-19 pandemic
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
we have reopened under new COVID-19 guidelines and are able to:
- See patients who pass a COVID-19 screening (are symptom free, no known exposures including travel via plane or cruise ship in the last 14 days).
- Perform routine aerosol-free procedures (including aerosol-free cleanings!)
- Perform limited aerosol-producing procedures.
- Continue offering teledentistry appointments for patients who have COVID-19 or are experiencing similar symptoms.
some of the changes you can expect at your next appointment:
- The COVID-19 Patient Disclosure and Consent for Services (see link below) will need to be filled out and signed by you on the date of your appointment.
- Our waiting room is closed, so when you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car and call us at 970-377-2557.
- A clinician will come out to your car and take your temperature (must be <100.4F)
- Only the patient will be allowed into the office for their appointment.
- All patients must wear protective facemasks until you reach the dental chair.
- Patients will use a mouth rinse before procedures to reduce potential viral load.
- Our office is COLD! With all of the additional protective wear we have to put on, we are cranking the AC so please bring a jacket with you!
- To help cover the significantly increased cost of PPE (personal protective equipment) and operating under the new COVID-19 requirements, we will be charging out a PPE code that is billed at $15.00 per appointment. Please note: if insurance does not pay, the patient may be responsible for this charge.
- We will be staggering our schedules to limit patients in the clinic area and allow additional time for sterilization and disinfection between aerosol-producing procedures.
- We have increased our air filtration in the building and have added portable HEPA air filters for aerosol-producing procedures.
- Staff will continue to disinfect all clinical areas between patients as well as wipe down all common areas.
- Follow-up appointments will be scheduled over the phone.
- We are unable to accept check or cash payments at this time so we ask that all patients pay online by credit card.
- We are currently unable to verify insurance benefits, so we ask that you verify that you have coverage with our doctors prior to your appointment. If you would like us to bill insurance on your behalf, please send a photo of the front and back of your card to Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to reschedule an appointment for a cleaning that was cancelled due to the COVID-19 closure, please email Audra at email@example.com
what is an aerosol-free dental cleaning?
We have been affected by the PPE (personal protective equipment) shortage and we are specifically in need of N95 masks. If you or anyone you know has extra N95 masks and would be willing to part with them, please let us know!
Again, a huge THANK YOU to our amazing patients who have been helping sew mask coverings, surgical caps, and other items to help us through these difficult times! We are so grateful for you!
If you have a teledentistry appointment scheduled, click below to download, sign, and return the teledentistry consent. You can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Are you experiencing a dental emergency?
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call our office at 970-377-2557.