updates and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic
covid-19 updates and resources
Good news, we have been able to re-open our office as of May 2020! The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things, and it will also affect the way we deliver care to our patients. Please see below for the new protocols and safeguards that are in place to help keep our patients and team safe and at the recommendation of the ADA (American Dental Association), OSHA, CDA, DORA and the CDC.
our commitment to safety during the covid-19 pandemic
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
we have reopened under new COVID-19 guidelines and are able to:
- See patients who pass a COVID-19 screening (are symptom free, no known exposures, not awaiting results from a COVID test, etc).
- Perform routine aerosol-free procedures (including aerosol-free cleanings!)
- Perform aerosol-producing procedures when dentally necessary
- Continue offering teledentistry appointments for patients who have COVID-19 or are experiencing similar symptoms
some of the changes you can expect at your next appointment:
- Our waiting room is closed, so when you arrive for your appointment, please text us at 970-644-6224. You can wait in your car or on the benches outside.
- A clinician will come out to your car and take your temperature (must be <100.0F) and perform a COVID screening.
- Only the patient will be allowed into the office for their appointment.
- All patients must wear a facemask when entering the building.
- Patients will use a peroxide mouth rinse before procedures to reduce viral load.
- Our office is COLD! With all of the additional protective wear we have to put on, we are cranking the AC so please bring a jacket with you!
- To help cover the significantly increased cost of PPE (personal protective equipment) and operating under the new COVID-19 requirements, we will be charging out a PPE code that is billed at $12.00 – $15.00 per appointment. Please note: if insurance does not pay, the patient may be responsible for this charge.
- We do ask for 2 business days notice if you need to cancel your appointment. However, if you develop symptoms at any time, please call us and we will postpone your appointment!
- Please note: starting 9/1/2020, you no-call no-show an appointment, you will be charged a $50 missed appointment fee. Due to the extra steps and protocols, no-shows have a significant negative impact on our schedule and on the care we can provide! Please help us provide the best care possible and give us a heads up if you can’t make it or develop any symptoms of COVID-19. Thank you!
- Our schedules are staggered to limit patients in the clinic area and allow additional time for sterilization and disinfection between aerosol-producing procedures.
- We have portable HEPA filters and have increased our air filtration in the building.
- Staff will continue to disinfect all areas between patients.
- All payments, paperwork and scheduling will be taken care of online or over the phone. We are unable to accept check or cash payments at this time so we ask that all patients pay online by credit card.
- We are currently unable to verify insurance benefits, so we ask that you verify that you have coverage with our doctors prior to your appointment. If you would like us to bill insurance on your behalf, please send a photo of the front and back of your card to Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are happy to submit pre-treatment estimates to your insurance for any treatment needed.
- If you would like to reschedule an appointment for a cleaning that was cancelled due to the COVID-19 closure, please email Leah at email@example.com
- Thank you for your understanding during these difficult and unprecedented times!
what is an aerosol-free dental cleaning?
A huge THANK YOU to our amazing patients who have been helping sew mask coverings, surgical caps, and other items to help us through these difficult times! We are SO grateful for you!
Are you experiencing a dental emergency?
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call our office at 970-377-2557.