updates and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic
covid-19 updates and resources
Good news, we have been able to re-open our office as of May 2020! The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things, and it will also affect the way we deliver care to our patients. Please see below for the new protocols and safeguards that are in place to help keep our patients and team safe and at the recommendation of the ADA (American Dental Association), OSHA, CDA, DORA and the CDC.
our commitment to safety during the covid-19 pandemic
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Masks are still required in Owens Dental as of March, 2022. We fall under the Colorado Department of Public Health’s mask mandate for medical offices, and they have not yet released an end date for this mandate. We will let you know and update this page with any changes.
we have reopened under new COVID-19 guidelines and are able to:
- See patients who pass a COVID-19 screening (are symptom free, no known exposures, not awaiting results from a COVID test, etc).
- Perform all dental procedures in a safe environment
- Continue offering teledentistry appointments for patients who have COVID-19 or are experiencing similar symptoms
some of the changes you can expect at your next appointment:
- Our waiting room is open, but if you are nervous about being in the waiting room with other patients you can also wait in your car and text us when you arrive so we can get you checked in.
- A clinician will perform a COVID screening prior to taking you back to the clinical area for your appointment.
- Only the patient will be allowed into the office for their appointment.
- All patients who are not fully vaccinated must wear a facemask when entering the building. For patients who are fully vaccinated, facemasks are optional.
- Patients will use a peroxide mouth rinse before procedures to reduce viral load.
- Our office is COLD! With all of the additional protective wear we have to put on, we are cranking the AC so please bring a jacket with you!
- We do ask for 2 business days’ notice if you need to cancel your appointment. However, if you develop symptoms at any time, please call us and we will postpone your appointment!
- Due to the extra steps and protocols, no-shows have a significant negative impact on our schedule and on the care we can provide! Please help us provide the best care possible and give us a heads up if you can’t make it or develop any symptoms of COVID-19. Thank you!
- We have portable HEPA filters and have increased our air filtration in the building.
- Staff will continue to disinfect all clinical areas between patients and follow all OSHA protocols and procedures.
- We are limiting in-person check outs when possible. Ideally, all payments, paperwork and scheduling are ideally taken care of online or over the phone. If you are unable to complete paperwork online, please call us and we can mail you a paperwork packet to fill out. We ask that all patients pay online by credit card.
- We are currently unable to verify insurance benefits, so we ask that you verify that you have coverage with our doctors prior to your appointment. If you would like us to bill insurance on your behalf, please text a photo of the front and back of your dental insurance card 970-377-2557
- We are happy to submit pre-treatment estimates to your insurance for any treatment needed.
- Thank you for your understanding during these difficult and unprecedented times!
what is an aerosol-free dental cleaning?
A huge THANK YOU to our incredible patients who have been helping by sewing mask coverings, surgical caps, and other items to help us through these difficult times! We are SO grateful for you!
Are you experiencing a dental emergency?
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call our office at 970-377-2557.