Fort Collins Dentist
Dr. Tim Owens
Fort Collins Dentist Dr. Tim Owens is passionate about dentistry and creating a wonderful dental experience for all of his patients.
He graduated as a Doctor of Dental Surgery from the State University of New York at Buffalo in 2004, where he was nominated to be a member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the Dental Honors Society. Immediately following his graduation, Dr. Owens spent a year completing a residency in general dentistry at the University of Utah School of Medicine.
Prior to his DDS degree, Dr. Owens graduated Summa Cum Laude from SUNY Syracuse in 1999, with a Master’s in Physical Therapy. He uses every day in his comprehensive approach to dentistry. Dr. Owens and his family moved to Fort Collins in 2006 and he began practicing at Harmony Dental Care, now Owens Dental.
Dr. Owens is passionate about continuing education and completes an average of 7 times the required continuing education per year. He has traveled across the country to attend the very best courses available. He is constantly learning about the newest technological advancements in dentistry and how they can benefit his patients. Much of his advanced continuing education has focused on cosmetic dentistry and full mouth rehabilitations. In addition, he has also pursued extensive education to obtain his IV sedation license and was one of the first in Fort Collins to offer sedation dentistry.
Outside of the office, Dr. Owens loves spending time with his wife, Caroline, and their six children: Lindsey, Miles, Sam, Wesley, Julia and Calvin. Dr. Owens is actively involved in the LDS community, coaches his kids’ basketball teams, and enjoys volunteering for local charities.
As a dentist, I value most the relationships I form each day. Our practice is founded on healthy, honest relationships with each other and with our patients. Being a patient in our practice is being a part of our family. Whether it is maintaining beautiful healthy teeth or redesigning your new smile, we are committed to your success. Each time you visit, we’ll strive to deliver the highest quality care by providing you with the individualized treatment and attention you need.”Fort Collins Dentist Dr. Tim Owens
Dr. Owens’ Profession Affiliations and Recognitions:
- Awarded Colorado Top Dentist by 5280 Magazine 5 years running
- American Board of Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine (ABCDSM)
- Awarded Diplomate Status in 2014
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (AACP)
- Awarded Fellow Status in 2013
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Colorado Dental Association (CDA)
- Larimer County Dental Society
- Academy of LDS Dentists
- Completed courses on Occlusion and Full Mouth Restoration from The Dawson Academy
- Completed Core Training 1-5 at the Las Vegas Institute (LVI) for Advanced Dental Studies, focused on Cosmetic Dentistry and Full Mouth Reconstruction.
- Completed Advanced Education in Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry at Gold Dust Clinical Mastery
- Completed Implant Residency Programs at the WhiteCap Institute and ISDE
Dr. Owens is a preferred provider with the following insurance plans:
- Delta Dental Premier
- Cigna DPPO
- Aetna PPO
- Cigna DPPO
- Delta Dental Premier
- Metlife PDP Plus and FEDVIP
- Guardian PPO
- Assurant Dental
- Sun Life
- United Healthcare Alliance
- Companion Life
- Humana Gold Plus and Discount Plan
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Meritain Health
- Principal Financial Group
These insurance companies listed often have multiple networks and Dr. Owens is not an in-network provider with all of their networks. Please call our office with your insurance details and we are happy to find out if we have an in-network provider with your plan. Thanks!