Dr. Tim Owens is passionate about dentistry and creating a wonderful dental experience for all of his patients.
“As a dentist, I value most the relationships I form each day. Our practice is founded on healthy, honest relationships with each other and with our patients. Being a patient in our practice is being a part of our family. Whether it is maintaining beautiful healthy teeth or redesigning your new smile, we are committed to your success. Each time you visit, we’ll strive to deliver the highest quality care by providing you with the individualized treatment and attention you need.”– Dr. Tim Owens, DDS
Dr. Owens graduated as a Doctor of Dental Surgery from the State University of New York at Buffalo in 2004, where he was nominated to be a member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the Dental Honors Society. Immediately following his graduation, Dr. Owens spent a year completing a residency in general dentistry at the University of Utah School of Medicine. Prior to his DDS degree, Dr. Owens graduated Summa Cum Laude from SUNY Syracuse in 1999, with a Master’s in Physical Therapy. He uses every day in his comprehensive approach to dentistry. Dr. Owens and his family moved to Fort Collins in 2006 and he began practicing at Harmony Dental Care, now Owens Dental.
Dr. Owens is passionate about continuing education and completes an average of 7 times the required continuing education per year. He has traveled across the country to attend the very best courses available. He is constantly learning about the newest technological advancements in dentistry and how they can benefit his patients. Much of his advanced continuing education has focused on cosmetic dentistry and full mouth rehabilitations. In addition, he has also pursued extensive education to obtain his IV sedation license and was one of the first in Fort Collins to offer sedation dentistry.
Outside of the office, Dr. Owens loves spending time with his wife, Caroline, and their six children: Lindsey, Miles, Sam, Wesley, Julia and Calvin. Dr. Owens is actively involved in the LDS community, coaches his kids’ basketball teams, and enjoys volunteering for local charities.
Dr. Owens’ Profession Affiliations and Recognitions:
- Awarded Colorado Top Dentist by 5280 Magazine 5 years running
- American Board of Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine (ABCDSM) – Awarded Diplomate Status in 2014
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (AACP) – Awarded Fellow Status in 2013
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Colorado Dental Association (CDA)
- Larimer County Dental Society
- Academy of LDS Dentists
dr. owens’ continuing education highlights
- The Dawson Academy Occlusion and Full Mouth Restoration
- Completed Core Training 1-5 at the Las Vegas Institute (LVI) for Advanced Dental Studies, focused on Cosmetic Dentistry and Full Mouth Reconstruction.
- Gold Dust Clinical Mastery Advanced Education in Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry
- WhiteCap Institute and ISDE Implant Residency Program
Dr. Owens – insurance
- Dr. Owens accepts most insurance plans
- Dr. Owens is in network with Delta Dental Premier and Anthem 300